Friday, April 15, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Well, here I am almost at week 20, and I must admit that this pregnancy is seeming to truck along much more quickly than the last one. It could have something to do with the additional traveling that Dennis and I have done (Costa Rica, Vegas). Or the incredibly sweet and equally as energetic little boy at our house. Or maybe it could just be that the additional fun of being sick some mornings is making the time march along at a more rapid pace. Either way, we're moving forward much faster than I remember from my the last time my body was hijacked by a little person.

And this is a little person, even though you wouldn't think so by looking at my expanding waist-line. This little person, according to babycenter.com, is weighing in around 8.5 ounces and measuring approximately 6 inches long (head to bottom). I'm not sure why they legs don't contribute to this number. But, then again, my short appendages don't contribute too much to my height, either.

When we traveled to Costa Rica last week (pictures to come, I promise!), I wasn't sick at all so I made the official declaration that my morning sickness was finished. Unfortunately for me, that was a little premature as I did have one visit from the morning sickness fairy this week. Bad fairy, bad, bad, bad, fairy.

Other than that, though, I have no complaints. I'm sleeping well (and as much as possible) and feeling this little person move around all day long. I love feeling the movement because it makes me feel like he or she is doing well in there. Just waving, or kicking, or bonking his or her head to say "hello" from in utero.

Next week is the big appointment to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I can't believe that as of Monday, we'll be 20 weeks along, half way... not that I'm counting.

No comments: