Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Constitutionally Challenged

I. LOVE. HER. (Michelle, not Whoopi.)



"I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I'm doing is going to help".

WHAT?! (Insert sound of screeching record here.) I thought that the job of a Congressman IS to do what his or her constituents want. Guess I need to re-read the Constitution where it outlines the tasks and responsibilities of holding such an office. Maybe the people in Congress need to re-read (or read it for a first time) it, too.





"I pledge to serve President Obama."

I just threw up a little (OK - a lot) in my mouth. Doesn't this scare you? This is the exact OPPOSITE of how this country is supposed to work. Elected representatives serve the people they represent. Not the other way around.

Guess this video is proof that you don't have to be smart to make it in Hollywood.

No comments: