Sunday, September 6, 2009

Men are From Mars

At 7AM this morning, I asked Dennis if he'd like to go out on the patio (overlooking the pool and ocean, by the way) to drink our coffee, spend time together, and talk. What followed were some typical "man" comments.

"Why? Didn't we just spend 8 hours laying next to each other?" he asked, smiling.

"Yes, we did," I said. "But it's not like we talked while we were sleeping."

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know. We could just talk."

"Aren't we talking right now?" he asked while he carefully added just enough creamer to his cup of joe.

My glare served as my response and we walked to the patio for what was going to be an incredibly thrilling conversation. Don't ask me how I knew - maybe I'm psychic - but I just had this feeling that it was going to be a truly AMAZING conversation.

And I was right. As soon as we were situated outside, Dennis looked over at me and said, "OK, let's hurry up and talk so I can go set up the tent on the beach."

No comments: