Saturday, March 28, 2009

I wish Southwest Airlines flew out of Atlanta

"Dennis, do you know that hamburger song? That McDonald's-hamburger-rap-song?"

"Two-all-beef-patties-special-sauce-lettuce-cheese-pickles-onions-on-a-sesame-seed-bun...Is that that one you are talking about?"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is one of the reasons that I married Dennis. He has a "way" of memorizing random songs and tucking them away in a special spot in his brain where he can recall them on a seconds notice. It's really quite amazing.

I hate to admit it, but we were watching Fresh Prince the other day and Dennis quickly chimed in and sang along with the show's intro song. I told him how hard I tried to memorize that rap when I was in junior high school. I even remember using the tape recorder to "tape it" (what an archaic practice!) so that I could replay it OVER AND OVER until I learned it. But, somehow I never managed to memorize it. Apparently it would've made me a lot more cool. Not that I was lacking in that department, but you know what I mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis has this rap (below) memorized by tomorrow afternoon. It makes me sick how quickly he can memorize completely useless nonsense.

No comments: