Monday, October 20, 2008

I'll have a Philly Cheesesteak, please

The Rocky theme song was playing in my head as our plane landed in Philadelphia on Sunday afternoon. I am in Philadelphia (well, Chadds Ford, to be exact) for a sure-to-be EXCITING week of meetings. Yessss.

The last time I was in Philadelphia was in 2004, right after Dennis and I were married. (I know, I know, it seems like JUST YESTERDAY that you were in Columbia Missouri for the most fun wedding EVER.) We moved in together, got married, bought a new car, and then I lost my job. Then my sister moved in for what seemed like 10 months. Then I got a job with GlaxoSmithKline. I was excited but it meant weeks of training in town ("homestudy") and then 3.5 weeks of grueling training and testing in...guess where? PHILADELPHIA! It was super stressful and I am so glad that I never have to do it again.

I know you are wondering if I ran up the stairs at the courthouse (??) and put my arms in the air like Rocky and I am proud to say that yes, yes, I did. I was definitely the first person to ever do that.

So, anyway, all of this to say that it is crazy to think about all of things that have changed since I was here about 4 years ago. Dennis has since made sure that I have seen all of the Rocky movies. The best one is with the Russian fighter dude.

You can tell from the pictures that we were younger (weird). Dennis came to Philadelphia to visit me on one weekend and it was the one thing that kept me sane during that training. I hated spending my birthday away from him...so he fixed that for me.

Yes, this is a random post without a real story but WHATEVER!


No comments: