Saturday, May 21, 2011

Random

It's good to continue to learn. And we do a lot of that around our house. That's probably why we're so smart, but we'll get into that another time. What are our recent learnings, you ask?

1. Having your yard aerated, then adding top soil and 10-10-10 mixed together is not as easy as it looks. Especially when you then add more Bermuda seed and sand. This is an example of an over-zealous wife thinking she and her hubby could do all of this in a couple of hours. I helped as much as I could, but Dennis wouldn't let me do as much as I would have liked due to the very active little girl in my belly.

2. Dennis stole a recipe from Kristi's blog and it was delish (thanks Kristi!). The recipe for Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork was simple, delicious, and I will put it on my short list of things we will cook again. (I'm taking credit here as if I cooked it - - but Dennis did all the work. I think he may have chosen the recipe because it requires a dutch oven but that's an entirely different post...).

3. Katherine Heigl is awesome. I am a huge fan of hers as of a few minutes ago. Don't buy from a breeder - ADOPT, people! And do what you can to help your local animal shelters promote spay and neuter initiatives. ADOPT a sweet dog or cat today (as I type this, our sweet pooch, Echo, is licking my ear. She is appreciative that we saved her, even if we did bring her into a house of chaos.)



And yes, I'm tearing up right now.

4. Nunu likes chips and salsa. We went to dinner WITH Connor at our old favorite Mexican restaurant. By old, I mean it's so BC (before Connor). He fed Nunu a tortilla and then plopped him up on the table. Dennis and I started laughing hysterically because Connor gave him prime seating for chips and salsa without realizing it.


5. I could probably drink a dozen pellegrino's in a day. Or an hour.

And, well, my head hurts now from remembering all of the things that we've learned as of late. So that'll have to do it for now.

No comments: