Monday, February 21, 2011

Leaving Las Vegas...

...in 4 days.

I have a meeting this week in Vegas so Dennis and I decided to extend the my week long meeting with a little bit of fun on the front end. After all, this is my first trip to Sin City and my parents were nice enough to drive in from Missouri to watch Connor (and Echo) for us.


We decided to stay at the same hotel where I'll be ALL WEEK LONG. That had it's benefits: I didn't have to check in with everyone else this morning and I've been able to turn off all of the lights in the room with my bedside controller every single night. I can even open the curtains by pushing a button on the key pad. But the drawback is that I'm ready to go home. I've been here, done that.

The hotel, Aria, is one of the newer ones on the Strip. It's very modern, sleek, and fancy-pants, just like Dennis and me. So we fit right in. We gambled away some money on roulette, slots, and blackjack, but the place that I had the most fun was in the Sports Book. We spent hours figuring out how to bet on horses, which horse to bet on, and the like. Don't be jealous, but some of our winnings are shown below.


We set up shop in a little cubby - - you know, like what we had in college at the library. And YES, I went to the library in college. I was the little mad scientist doing calculations on who was favored to win and then I'd ask Dennis for his gut feeling and we'd place our bets. We won a few times but mostly just enjoyed ourselves. And Dennis was able to get "free" drinks while we did our very technical 'calculations', too.

Other than that, we did the normal Vegas stuff: we went to see a Cirque de Soleil show, "O", marveled at the intricacies of every hotel and saw the water show at the Bellagio. Oh, and I also saw the shortest skirts that I've EVER seen in my life. I'm not just showing my age here - - these shirts barely covered the girls butts! I've dressed up to go out but never like THAT!!


Random side-note: Do you see the horse in the picture above? It was in the lobby of the Bellagio (my favorite hotel) and I would love to have it for our living room. Just FYI in case you want to save up for my birthday. Isn't it just gorgeous?

So, short story long, we had a great time together. And then he got to go home this morning and I'm stuck here for another 4 days. Four days that are sure to be very long.

No comments: