Sunday, May 31, 2009

Overdue

As you may or may not be aware, May 30th, 2009 came...and went. And, Connor just stayed put. Maybe his calendar on his iphone isn't working. Or maybe he's just being stubborn.

Babies are supposed to "drop" lower into the pelvis as the delivery date nears. Unfortunately, it appears that no one told Connor that. In fact, I think he has done just the opposite and has actually moved UP into a higher position. He must have locked his teeny-tiny feet in-between my ribs and pulled himself up to crowd out my esophagus and tonsils in a ploy to make a secret escape through my mouth.

Not so fast, Connor, I'm on to you. It looks like we're experiencing a classic case of baby-boy-doesn't-want-to-come-out-syndrome. And, as well all know, there are only two options here: (1) We induce labor on Monday night or Tuesday AM this week or (2) I am going to be pregnant for all of eternity.

Dennis and I are going to see our OB tomorrow morning and the plan - as it stands right now - is for them to run some tests and then call us later in the day when a bed is ready at Northside. We then check in, and they start the Cervidil. That should get things moving in the right direction. If I haven't had Connor by Tuesday morning, then I will be given Pitocin, which should further help to induce labor.

Once we check in at Northside Hospital tomorrow, we're not leaving without a baby boy. And I'm not talking about kidnapping. I'm talking about OUR baby boy. Connor Dennis Martin. That is the exciting part. The not-so-exciting part is that once we check in at Northside Hospital tomorrow, we're not leaving without me pushing something the size of a watermelon out of my whoo-ha.

Maybe it would be better if he made an escape through my mouth.

2 comments:

Maya said...

I'll be thinking about you! Can't wait to meet Connor!

Jamie Massey said...

"we're not leaving without me pushing something the size of a watermelon out of my whoo-ha."

That statement is BIRTH CONTROL for me!

I am so excited for you! Can't wait!