Saturday, February 28, 2009

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester

Counting weeks versus months has never been quite so confusing for me as it is now. I'm 27 weeks pregnant, which officially puts me into the 3rd trimester. One would think that since women are supposedly pregnant for 9 months (read: LIE), that the 3rd trimester would start at the beginning of the 6th month, or week 24. Nope. It starts at week 27 because women are really pregnant for 10 months, or 40 weeks. This lie has to be one of the biggest in the world. Everyone tells it - - even women who have been pregnant themselves! To all of the women out there: BEWARE! I SPEAK THE TRUTH!

Whomever came up with this 9-month-fib must've done his or her research and found out that women would only put up with being pregnant for 9 months. Apparently 10 months was just too long. So this little "fact" was created to save the human race and make sure that people continue to procreate. I guess that's an excusable reason to lie. Maybe.


According to www.thebump.com, Connor is the size of an eggplant now. What a weird analogy. Dennis and I were discussing how much better it would be if the weekly comparisons were food items that we were more familiar with: chicken wings, chicken breasts, icing containers, pizza slices, soft tacos, snickerdoodles, pork chops, or cheese sticks. I don't even know what many of the weekly food items that have been used look like, much less how big they are.

Guess that's a hint that I should probably be eating a more wide variety of foods...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awwww, an eggplant, how special. :) Yes, the 10 month thing IS true but many women are also lucky enough to deliver early....making it 9 months. Not me, I was 9.75 months. Maybe they say 9 months b/c that last month is a blur and no one wants to recognize or remember it? Congrats on being in your 3rd trimester....bring on the sleepless nights and constant urge to pee. hehe, just being honest!