Saturday, November 15, 2008

Domesticated.

I'm not sure if it was the excitement that I had when the alarm went off at 7am, telling us that it was time to get up and open up our garage for the hugely acclaimed neighborhood garage sale (or, the garage-sale-of-a-lifetime, as I like to refer to it) or how I looked forward to re-arranging our guest room that made me feel official. Officially domesticated.

My sister stopped by for a few minutes, so I spent time with family today, too. Dennis and I cleaned the house a little. I took a nap and when I woke up, I listened to Dennis and one of our soon-to-be-a-father neighbors, Jason, (and by soon-to-be I mean his wife, Tina, is due to deliver sometime this week) talk about pregnancy, breast milk, starting a family, and things like breast pumps and doctor appointments. It was actually really sweet.

All I needed to do to make being domesticated official today was to cook. And yes, I'm still working on that. Maybe tomorrow I can make some boxed brownies or pancakes and we can call it even.

No comments: