Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday

To Stephen (today), our country (tomorrow) and my most-favorite-dad (day after tomorrow).

Technology is what I have to blame for not having a cake prepared for any of these celebrations. Well, that, and the fact that I don't really cook. A good woman never takes responsibility for her own actions (or lack of)... she finds something else to blame it on. Regardless of whether or not I made up that rule just now, it is definitely a valid one.

Cards aren't in the mail yet and birthday gifts have yet to be purchased. And yes, technology is my excuse and I'm sticking to that.

I am blaming technology because it distracts me from almost every task at hand. I try to do work and then I end up playing on my blog or going on the Internet to search for something really important, like plastic cups for our margarita machine rental business. Or looking through websites for ideas on how to arrange storage in Connor's play room. The improvements we've seen in technology in the last few years has opened so many doors and allowed me to do so many more things that I never could have done before. But, as I said, it ALLOWS ME TO DO SO MANY MORE THINGS THAT I NEVER COULD HAVE DONE BEFORE. These things suck up my time like our Dyson vacuum does to Echo's pet hair. (More on that later, but let's just suffice to say that I. LOVE. VACUUMING.)

"What type of things does technology allow us to do?"
, you ask oh-so-politely? Things like Connor's book of his first year. Or the DVD that I made with a collection of Connor videos up to this point. Or, type up a blog post on Margaritas. All of these things are great and wonderful but take time. So, please be patient with me as I try to learn to be patient with myself.

So, back to my excuse. I am behind on shopping for two of my favorite people because of technology. I've been distracted by technology and this almost-walking-and-oh-so-active little man in my house. I love you both, though!

No comments: