Friday, February 5, 2010

Resolution-Schmezaolution

Yesterday I realized, with the help of a good friend (um... Katie), that I have not posted anything in a while. I started a post - three different times (2 in my head and one online) - but had not found the time to complete it. The funniest part is that the post that has been a work-in-progress for several weeks is about my not-a-New-Years-resolution-resolution.

Ok, so it isn't that funny but just go along with me here.

So, here it is. The long-awaited and much-anticipated blog post. [Insert Drum Roll.]

Ah-heh-heh-hem.

Its a well known fact that New Years Resolutions are as effective as diets. They just aren't. A "diet" or "resolution" is more of a temporary committment to make a change. If you really want to make a change in your life, you need to change something more permanent. So, I'm making a permanent resolution but need to call it something else. Who makes "permanent resolutions"? I'll just say that I'm making an update to my personal slogan. Yeah, that's it. Because everyone has a personal slogan.

My updated personal slogan is to finish what I start. This may sound easy but it has proven to be extremely difficult since Connor joined our family. I contstantly feel like I have 28 BILLION (yes, BILLION) things that are half-way completed. Nothing ever seems to get finished.

The laundry is washed and dried but not folded; the bills are paid but not put into the budget; we are almost-there with Margarentals but not quite finished launching it; I talk to my parents while holding Connor or walking Echo, so I'm not really doing either with my full attention. The list is endless.

So, my new personal slogan is to finish what I start. It's not going to be easy, but I can - and will - do it. The funny part that I mentioned earlier is that I started this blog post almost two weeks ago and I'm just now finishing it. So I am going to add an addendum to my own personal slogan. Not only am I going to finish what I start....but I will do so in a timely fashion.

Personal slogan updated. Check.

2 comments:

Katie said...

You can do it and in turn, inspire others as well. I have a hard time with that too and naturally think it is just being a mom that gets in the way. But is being a mom really "in the way"? NOPE! Maybe you could finish what you start in order of importance....for instance: Connor-most important thing to "finish" so he comes before the budget, etc. I think you do a fantastic job as a mom, wife, friend, employee, etc. Keep it up. Speaking of.....how is P90X?

Krista said...

Katie, you are right and I appreciate you reminding me of how to deal with all of the "stuff" and to focus on what's important: Dennis, Connor & Echo. :-) Uh...about P90X, I think I'm on the P180X plan. It'll probably take me twice as long to get through it but I'm still working on it!