While Dennis and I may not fit the stereotypical lottery player profile, we do have fun playing every once in a while. Don't get me wrong, it has to be worth it. It can't just be $1 - $2 million. Nah, that's pocket change. It has to be some BIG bucks.
Tonight we are planning on winning the Mega Millions jackpot. It's somewhere in the range of $200-$225 Million. We have a tentative outline of what we'd spend the $$ on (below) but we have agreed that we'd need to take an immediate vacation to some private beautiful beach for a few weeks so that we could let the news sink in and decide how we should spend the money. And enjoy our newfound independence.
First, our charitable giving would go this direction...
3. ASPCA. All humane society's nation-wide would have the funding needed to spay and neuter their animals to prevent us from having more pets than we have homes for them (Bob Barker had a very good point!)
And we'd obviously have a lot of fun with the money, too...
4. Our parents would be retired. Immediately. And they'd each have a beach house.
5. A golf tournament for the boys (Dennis said this would include his top 10 friends so you may want to kiss up a little bit to make sure you make the cut.) This would include flights to Pebble Beach Golf Course where prizes would include cars, golf clubs, cash and vacations. Prizes would be given for the shortest drive, closest to the pin, ugliest outfit, etc...
6. I'd take all the girls to some exotic spa where we could shop, get beautiful, shop, and relax. And drink a lot of wine.
7. I'd have everything personal. A personal trainer. A personal chef. A personal shopper. Maybe I'd even have a stunt double that could go to events and things that I don't want to go to but need to attend. Yes, I want a stunt double. Dennis and Echo could have stunt doubles, too.
8. We would buy a new car. Or five. Dennis said the "family truckster" would be the fully loaded BMW X5.
9. We love our neighbors but we'd probably move. We'd buy a beach house, a house in Missouri (who doesn't want a vacation home there?), and a much larger house in Atlanta. Maybe we'd buy houses in all those places for our neighbors, too.
10. We'd quit our jobby-jobs but find another pass time. I'd probably volunteer to help animals in some shape or fashion. Dennis would do something golf related. Maybe we'd work together and help animals learn to play golf.
What would you do if you won the Mega Millions jackpot tonight? (Don't worry, we already have the winning ticket. Just imagine, though...what would you do? Where would you go?)