Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Resolution Worth Keeping

On New Years Day 2009, Dennis and I jumped on a flight to Missouri to go to Kates wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and one of the things that I enjoyed - and appreciate - the most was the chance to see and re-connect with some of my best friends from high school.

The pictures below are all from 1997 when we were on Homecoming Court together. We had so much fun that year, but that week in particular really sticks out in my mind as being an incredibly good time. As you can tell from the pictures below, each day had a different theme and on one occasion we were to dress like the opposite sex, and on another we were supposed to wear our pajamas to school. It's a total surprise, I know, but I LOVED wearing my pajamas to school. I would love to wear my pajamas to work now, too, if that was deemed appropriate.





As the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve each year, we are all supposed to look back and assess the previous year while setting goals for ourselves for the year to come. One of my New Years Resolutions for 2009 is to be better about keeping in touch with people that are - or were - very close to me. It's very rare in life that you find a truely good friend, and when you do, you'd better hold on to them with all you've got.

So, here's to 2009 and keeping in better touch with all of the girls that made my high school years so memorable!

No comments: