Saturday, January 31, 2009

Government needs to get out of the way of business.

"There will be time for them to make profits, and there will be time for them to get bonuses. Now is not that time." - Obama

Excuse me, Mr. Obama, but are you effing kidding me?

And, will someone please tell me where in The Constitution the government is given the right to tell businesses what they should and should not do?

What if a company was forecast to lose $10 million and one of the executives was told that he (or she) would be awarded $.25 on the dollar for losses LESS than the forecast $10 million? In my opinion, that person deserves a hefty bonus if he or she is able to save the company money. That's my opinion. And government officials are entitled to their own opinions. In fact, they can have all of the opinions that they want but when I get upset is when they spend MY money on their opinions. I can choose how to best spend my money. Afterall, I earned it and the key part of my money is that it is mine.

So, can the government puhleez refrain from investing MY money (and yours...and your kids money) in companies that they know nothing about? I mean, they can't even run the government effectively or efficiently, so how can they expect to run businesses in which they have no expertise? And, I don't know about you, but the "b" word has been thrown around way too many times lately - with no substantial results to show for it - in the name of a so-called stimulus plan. Stop the out-of-control spending!



Surprisingly, the typically very liberal Atlanta Journal-Constitution hinted at the need for tax cuts for those "evil" people (or companies) making over $250,000 a year. We need to keep them spending! If they spend less, the economy suffers more, and we continue to see more job losses and the economy continues to weaken. Whether you are one of those "evil" people or not, I want you to be taxed less. The less you are taxed, the more EVERYONE benefits.

No comments: